03/03/2013

Sam Crescent - Blackmailed by the Beast

So here it is.  For a first book (or so it says in the dedication at the beginning - Yes, I do read those too!)  I couldn't ask for more.  It's well written, you are not lost in the story, it's believable.  That's for the good part.

I love a good blackmail story, that's for sure.  I'm just not really fond of the female character being a doormat.  Really, after her family treats her like Cinderella for years (which she never questioned why!) she still goes on loving and caring for them.  All throughout the story.  Urgh.  The sex if OK, wel described and believable.  I did however felt like an outsider looking in instead of being engrossed in the story. 

There were a lot of scenes I would have love to have seen developed - or not have read about it at all.  There are too many actions described without any follow through. 

SPOILER ALERT
As an exemple, for a possessive man, the fact that she ran right into his friend, wearing only an untied bikini and that the result of this encounter was her breast spilling out of the top SHOULD have lead to another outcome then just something along the lines of "I know you didn't do it on purpose - It's OK".  Or the mention of retribution with a spanking, only to never go there again.  The ending was also done as I read too often: in a hurry.

After reviewing what I wrote, it would appear as though I wasn't satisfied with this book.  You would be right!  But since it was a first, I will say without a shadow of a doubt that my next review will be on one of Sam Crescent's story!  I will definitely give it another go.  Stay tuned for what I hope will be a more positive outcome!

Type: Old plot line with a modern setting
Key word: Blackmail
Intimacy: Ok, not memorable

No comments:

Post a Comment